Thursday, June 10, 2010

some notes upon my sickly crew

my Suicide has lost both
its physique & its mystique
it lags hind me now
an obvious ugly cow

my Birth crawls at my heels
its one big tooth a constant reminder
digging into my Achilles tendon

my Madness walks
arm in arm w/me
i elbow it in the ribs
when its sneaky other hand
tries to pickpocket
the sane parts of my brain

my Love collapsed
miles & miles back
i attempted to give it CPR
it puked in my mouth
& then died

my Loneliness rides
heavy upon my shoulders
grinding its sad gray crotch
against the back of my skull

& my Death, ah my Death
is wagging its sweet ass in front of me
i keep kicking it a few feet ahead
not quite ready for its hot lapdance
full of maggots
This blog is updated irregularly and has nothing to do with the poet's output. The poet is actually disturbingly prolific. He writes about 5 poems per day. The pages are everywhere, even stacked in the bathtub.